Navbar

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Who wants to move to Reston, Virginia?

There's nothing like being on vacation and being reminded of home. Right now I've learned that my tenants in my townhouse are moving out. What a bother. I just want to hang out and paint, I didn't come here to deal with this landlord crap.

Fortunately for me, I have the worlds best real estate agent. If you haven't heard of him, his name is Tom Kavanaugh. It's absurd what a good real estate agent he is. Anyone can sell a house, but Tom knows houses. He knows what sells, he knows how to sell them, he knows his market and he knows his buyers. And best of all, he knows me.

Here I am in India about as far away from my house as I can get, and I don't have to worry about a thing. He's taking care of everything. And I mean everything. He's dealing with the tenants, he's fronting the money to have it fixed up and he'll put it on the market when it's time. It's possible that when I return to America it will all be taken care of. Smooth and effortless, just like when I bought the house in the first place.

That was a story in itself. When I first wanted to buy, we looked and looked at a bunch of houses, I told him my requirements - backs to woods, private porch - and he did the rest. In fact he started writing the contract even before I saw the house. He calls me up at work and says 'go here, that's your house, I'm writing the contract now. Come to the office when you're done to sign it.' Now that is service.

Even when we were writing the contract, I didn't worry about a thing. I didn't read any of the papers, all I did was sign and initial wherever he said to. I didn't feel that it was my job to read all that stuff. If you've ever bought a house you know the ridiculous amount of paper work involved. I couldn't imagine reading all that legal mumbo jumbo. I figured that it is Tom's job to make sure I don't get ripped off. You may say that is naive, but life is all about surrounding yourself with people you trust, and that way there are no worries.

So if you're buying or selling a house in the VA/DC area, please contact Tom Kavanaugh. I'd put his contact information here, but I need to ask him first. So if you need his info, contact me and I'll be happy to give it to you. Tell him I sent you, but it wont' get you anything special. He treats all his clients in the same professional way. Although, I doubt he'd sell your house for you if you're in India, that's a special 'friend' deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment