Navbar

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ghorepani


Up and up and up and up and then some more ups. Today was a pain in the calf. The views are nice, but I'm starting to get a little sick, so my throat is annoying. The town of Ghorepani is located at the top of this hill. It's the junction between a couple of trails so as far as villages in the middle of nowhere goes, this one is pretty big. We ended up staying at the Hungry Eye Guest House. It was recommended by the kids at Laxmi's because their father is the cook here. He did a good job. The Daal Bhat was excellent.

We pretty much eat that everywhere we go. It consists of rice, daal and some mixed veggies. It's good food and it's the only plate where they bring out seconds. When you're hiking all day that's a big plus. The room we stayed in was great. Windows on three sides and great views of the town and of the surrounding mountains.

There is a place called Poon Hill that everyone goes to see when the sunrises. Ash and I passed on this. I was painting in my room before the sun was up and I didn't feel like hiking up a big hill anyway. An hour or so after sunrise, we saw this massive migration of people hiking down there. It was amazing how many people actually went up to see the view. There had to be a couple hundred up there at least. I'm not too pressed about not going up there. I was able to do three paintings sitting on my warm bed and looking out the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment