Navbar

Monday, March 17, 2008

Checking out

Yesterday was my last day in Dharamasala. I was anxious to leave, because of my anticipation of Nepal, but I'll miss the place and when I return to India in the future, Dharmasala will be one of the places that I will visit again. There's a mountain village called Triund that is north of here. I wanted to go hike up there, but things didnt' work out that way. Other then that, no regrets.

When we were checking out of the hotel we had a long talk with the owner of the hotel. Tashi, that was his name, was giving us a little advice about our travels, buddhism and life in general. Whenever I checked out of hotels in the states I don't think I ever had a philosophical discussion about life karma, the future, etc.

That may be because I don't really check out of hotels when I'm in the states. I usually just leave. I figure they have my credit card and if they need something from me, well they can just bill me.

Tashi then gave us some sort of seeds for good luck and wished us well on our journey and in our lives. I think I'll stay at that hotel the next time. It had a good vibe. If you're in the area, it's the place across from the Green Hotel on Bhagsu Road.

No comments:

Post a Comment