Navbar

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Rom Rom Gee

It was sad to leave Jaisalmer. After a month of being there I was getting used to things as they were. Eating with my friends, seeing the same familiar faces, and wandering around the alleyways that I know now like the back of my hand.
It would have been weird to wake up and not going out to paint, but this morning I woke up on a train surrounded by strangers, so I didn't have time to reflect on the way things were yesterday. I was just trying to realize where I was at the present moment.There were many goodbyes to be said, so the last day was spent wrapping things up. I had a few photographs I took and wanted to give as gifts to people. So I wandered around and found who needed to be found.

After that we headed over to my friend Roops for lunch and to pick up some rings I had made. This time, I actually made one myself. I beat it into shape, made it round from a straight peace of silver, melted it together and joined it, and finally carved it. My carving job was poor, so Roop helped make it look a little better.

Soon it was time to make it to the train station. Our friends sent us away with gifts and food, a open invite to return anytime.

If you're ever in Jaisalmer, I'd recommend stopping by Hari Om, jewlers to get yourself some amazing rings. I actually made them a website, but I don't know where I put it. Once I find out where it is, I'll post the link so you can see some amazing silver work. As they say in India, 'It will make your eyes happy."

No comments:

Post a Comment