Navbar

Friday, March 21, 2008

Annapurna Permit

In order to go hike in the Annapurna area, all trekkers are required to buy a permit. I waited to the absolute last minute before I got around to even thinking about getting this permit. Today was holiday and I thought I might have been out of luck.

The office is a ways away from where we were staying and I really didn't feel like walking all the day down there. I'll have enough walking to do starting tomorrow. I was sitting with this shop owner just watching the day go by and I asked him how much it'd cost to rent his motorcycle down to the office. He said 160. I didn't want to pay that cause the office might have been closed. So I sit some more and see that there's a bicycle in front of the shop. 'Is that your's?' I ask. He says the bike is his sons'. Well how much for to rent that for an hour? He says fifty. Perfect.

So I'm on this little bmx bicycle that doesn't have any brakes and riding through town trying to beat the approaching rain storm. When I arrive at the office I find that they are open and I'm able to get what I need. It takes awhile to fill out the forms and sit around and do nothing while the people each thier lunch, but it's ok since it was raining and when they were all finished so was the rain.

You can check out some of the paintings from the trip on Maddrey.Net.

No comments:

Post a Comment