Navbar

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Don't call the monkey

The other day I was sitting on the porch of my hotel munching on some biscuits. In India cookies are called biscuits for some reason. I saw a monkey on this other roof and I taunted him with my cookie. Not sure why, I don't really like monkeys in the first place.

This monkey became interested and he jumped over to our balcony and proceded to dump out our trashcan and steal some rotten food. Another guy and I shooed him away and then had to clean up the garbage. I didn't tell him that I was the reason he came over here. I could tell him if I wanted to since he's over on a computer next to me, but it'll be our little secret.

Monkeys like it up here in Dharmasala, they're everywhere. The other evening Ash and I were eating on a rooftop restuarant when a monkey climbed up over the ledge right next to Ashlee. She immediately jumped up and ran away while I just sat and watched him. The monkey didn't get too close to the food because some restaurant workers came charging out with a big metal pole and screamed till the monkey left.

Apparently the big pole comes in handy since they had a couple by the door.

No comments:

Post a Comment