Navbar

Thursday, March 6, 2008

Sally Baker

As an artist, I'm influenced by everything I come across. People play an important part in my life. I get so many new ideas from the people I come across. In the past, I was adamantly against watercolors. 'That medium is just for little old ladies. Everything can be done with tricks and shortcuts. It's an annoying medium. etc. etc.' My list of complaints went on and on.

Sally Baker was one of the first people who pushed me into the direction of watercolors. She gave me ideas and recomendations. She gave me little bits of knowledge that may not have seemed much at the time, but have really taken me far. That's how I learn anyway. A teacher tells me one or two things and I go with that for weeks, months, years, however long it takes and then I go back for a couple more bits of knowledge. 'Slowly slowly' as they say in India.

We talked about watercolors for a long time before I actually ever saw her work, and when I did I was blown away. Her work is completely opposite of mine, her procedures and work style are foriegn to me, but quality is quality and I can appreciate that anywhere. I figured I had this blog that people read it, so I'd tell everyone to check out her artwork. The watercolors she does are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment