Navbar

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Desert Festival

Tomorrow is the last day of the desert festival. Every year there is a three day extravaganza with camels, and festivities and music and all the required accoutrements.

The whole town is a buzz. Everyone seems to be talking about it. The tourists have come out in full force. It's quite the party atmosphere compared to just a few days ago.

On the first day, I made my way down to the stadium where the initial action. My arrival time coincided with the "Mr. Desert Festival." I stayed five minutes, maybe six and then went on my merry way to go paint.

I always feel a little bad when people put on these party type events and they end up being bunk. It's not my fault and I shouldn't feel bad, but I know people put in all this effort, time, and energy. There are people who are really excited about this lame desert festival.

It's not just this festival that I feel bad about, it's all those lame events that we've all attended in the past. I think I sympathize with people because I have to put on art shows and show my work and when no one shows up, it's lame. Fortunately for me, I'm a mellow guy and if I have one or two friends in the room with some good conversation or no conversation at all, I'm still happy. My needs are basic.

Today I didn't bother going to the festival and I won't bother going tomorrow either. I just want people to stop putting on lame events and only put on good ones so I don't have to feel bad about the world being filled up with more ways to waste quality time.

No comments:

Post a Comment