Navbar

Friday, June 4, 2010

Teaching Art

One time I decided to take a life drawing class at the local art league. The class was filled with about ten or twelve people with most of them being interesting. The teacher was a woman who painted ultra realistically. Her paintings were nice, but her teaching style was atrocious. I had asked her a question about something or other and her response to me was, I can't help you, I don't paint the way you do. I thought that was the lamest stupidest answer I've ever heard and I almost left the class right then and there, but I paid for use of the models so I was going to use them regardless of how useless the teacher is.

It just annoyed me that a teacher would say something that ignorant. It made me remember that not all teachers are good. In fact, most are not really that good and it's so annoying. A good teacher can elevate a student to their potential, this lady was just killing time on a Tuesday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment