Navbar

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Final Goodbyes

So today was the final morning being at the Ashram. After five weeks it was time to go. It was a good way to start the trip. It cleansed my body, mind and made me apprciate how much time really is in a day. There are times when I complain about not having enough time to do what I need to do, but I really should be complaining about my lack of time mangement skills.

This morning I woke at 4am to the sound of Ashlee's voice saying softly... "good moooorning." As I turned over, I saw that Ashlee was dead asleep. "Ewww... that's creepy," I thought and tried to fall back asleep as fast as possible. Then I heard it again and realized I made plans to hike up this mountain with Pau and Deep to watch the sunrise.

The hike was beautiful. The sunrise was mellow and nice and it was good to share time with friends on my last day there. As we're up there chatting and chilling, Koji came up. It was nice because those are the three people I would have chosen to spend my last day with anyway.

After a quick watercolor we headed down and went our seperate ways. One from Japan, one from Spain, one from India and one from the United States. (I have to say I'm from the States because if you say 'I'm from America' and you're talking to someone from South America, they sometimes get a little offended.) Hopefully I'll be able to see my new friends again in the future.

It's amazing how many cool people from all over the world I've met during my stay. It just gives me another reason for my next travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment